The IIF project is going to bring a lot of value to your life in France, and which will come to you free of cost. However, no great thing can happen with rules, and where anyone can just come and do anything. IIF also runs with rules, and by joining the platform you agree that you will respect the following and the future rules.
- Any subject that is against the interest of IIF project, is not accepted or deleted. Any action against the interest of IIF will lead to the removal of person concerned from the project.
- Data collection from this group is not allowed, except special cases. If you want to collect data, or do a survey for any reason, please propose your project first.
- Fund collection campaigns which are not native to IIF, are generally not approved as a rule of thumb. If one wants to run a fund collection campaign using ressources avaiable within IIF, please discuss with me first to see if the fund collection campaign is matching with the vision of IIF.
- Whenever you are discussing in any platform within IIF, please be courteous. Trolling is not appreciated, nor tolerated. Similarly people who are harsh and disrespectful and not tolerated in the group. This is one way how people lose their membership to IIF.
- If you are trolling or abusing me because you did not agree with one of my actions, or supporting those who are doing so, you may also be removed. I run this group with countless number of small and not so small decisions everyday, and being a part of the group means you are agreeing with those decisions. In fact, the project IIF of today is a result of all of those decisions taken over the years. If you do not like one of my decisions, ignore that, think about all of them to which you are agreeeing with, or leave the group. Over 90% of the members are happy with the project and I am fine with that.
- Posts which can create a friction among community members, such as discussions on religion or politics or social issues, are not taken in www.facebook.com/groups/indiansinparis/ - for such discussions, a new group has been created: www.facebook.com/groups/SoRePo/.
- Regarding sharing of cricket / film links, we only share official links. Links of websites that share pirated links, directly or indrectly, are not accepted.
- Given that India and France are our two nations: janma-bhumi and karma-bhumi, any post or reply which is against the interest of either of these two nations, are not approved or deleted without notice.
- Any post on accommodation, whether you are providing or asking for one, is to be first posted in www.indiansinfrance.com/accommodation and later the page you have created on the process, can be shared to our (or any other) group in Facebook (or elsewhere).
- Any post by tiffin service providers, or in case you are looking for someone who can provide tiffin service to you, to be first posted in www.indiansinfrance.com/food-service and you can then share the page you have created.
- If you are an association, and want to promote your event through IIF, please first make sure that you are a part of our directory here: www.indiansinfrance.com/associations. Events of associations not listed in IIF may be refused to be published, or approval delayed.
- If you are an youtube video maker, you will get an interface to promote your work through www.indiansinfrance.com/video-blogs. Stay tuned, it will be announced in our Facebook group soon. Till then, you can try posting in the group directly or post under this thread. Direct videos will be approved only your video adds a real value to the community, else it will be refused.
- Work is going on to create a platform to people who are looking for a partner in life for marriage. It will be announced soon.
- There is a separate article with rules related to Corona. You may read them here.
- If you want to propose a live session of any art you master, please propose this first. Your live program will be listed here in advance and you can then come live. You can also read the guidelines of posting live here.
- If you want to propose any online training program, please speak first. It can be provided under centre zenith, details can be discussed.
- If you have a personal project, speak to me first. It will be accepted if it suits well in the scheme of things of IIF or Zenith. If your project fits the overall vision of things, we will discuss to see how things can be planned.
- If you have an issue with an individual, or a group, or a company, do not make a post ranting against the person. The way to go forward is to speak about the issue itself without mentionning anyone - let us fight against crimes, not criminals.
When crime survives and becomes socially acceptable, new criminals come up every other day and hence it does not change anything by naming and shaming one individual. We have to hit the crime so that it becomes socially unacceptable, and then we win as a society.
Besides, if you are a victim, you have to go to the police station and/or meet an advocate, and to give you justice is beyond the scope of IIF.
A post against an indivual is taken only very rarely, if I consider that naming that individual serves a greater community cuase.
- Duplicate post: If what you are posting has already been posted by someone else, for example - sharing a tweet of our embassy (which are often shared multiple times), your post won't be approved.
- Promoting other community projects is not allowed. Promoting projects other than community projects has to be first discussed and published only if it has been agreed upon.
I have been removed from the group, how can I come back again ?
If you are removed from the group, first know that this is nothing personal and most probably I don't even remember your name anymore. If you are removed, that means that I felt the group will run better without you and that the moment you were removed, your actions had negative influences.
Try convincing me that your presence will be helpful for the community, or that you need the platform - you know how to contact me. If you are honest with your intentions and respectful to the project, there is no reason that why you should not be taken back.
Removal of someone is NEVER against an individual, NOR it is definitive action. Respecting and following the rules are all what is being asked to you.