If I the have Coronavirus, I stay home till I am fine - says the newest document from the French authority, published recently. It gives a series of other tips, we will go through now.
Gererally we should be fine after a few days of rest, or if necessary, with some medicine against the fever. But what precaution one should take while recovering?
I keep an eye on my state of health
- I record my temperature twice a day
- I can take paracetamol to feel better, one gram at a time and not more 3 grams in 24 hours
- I should not take anti-inflammatory medicine without consulting a doctor.
- If I am currently under treatment, I do not stop my treatment. If I have a doubt, I call my doctor.
- I will not take any other medicine without consulting my doctor or to a pharmacist.
- I stay in touch with my closed ones, I give them my news regularly.
- If I have a doubt on how my disease is evolving, I contact my doctor.
- If I have breathing difficulties, I call 15 or 114 immediately.
At home, I protect people who are around me
- I avoid contact with people who are living with me. I do not touch them.
- I keep a distance of 1 meter with them, and limit my interaction with them within 15 minutes.
- I do not receive anyone in my house other than health professionals
- If possible, I isolate myself in a separate room and keep the dor closed.
- I don't share my bed with anyone and I take my food alone in my room.
- I wash my hand with water and soap very regularly and after than I use a towel to dry my hands.
- I don't touch my eyes, my nose, my mouth and my face as much as possible.
- If I am sneezing or coughing, I use a use and throw tissue paper.
- I clean my toilet and bathroom after using them with javel or another disinfectant.
- I don't share my stuffs with others : my phone, my towel, my plates, my spoons, my savon, etc.
I clean my residence regularly
- I open the window of my room for atleast 10 minutes, several times a day.
- I disinfect whatever I touch: door knob, bathroom furnitures, and everything else. Always with javel and then with water.
- I clean my plates and spoons separately and then make them dry, or clean them in the washing machine with 60° temperature.
- All my clothes, my bedcovers, towels etc I wash with 60° temperature or more, and for atleast 30 minutes. I put them in the washing machine without shaking them.
- I don't use a vacuum cleaner, and use only those things which do not give dust, like a sponge or mops.
- After cleaning anything, I wash my hand with soap and water and dry them up.
I am careful about my waste to avoid contamination
- I use an opaque waste pastic bag, of not more than 30 liters, which I keep in my room.
- I keep my waste plastic bag closed.
- I use this only to throw my masques, my used tissue papers, or similar objects. I don't mix this with regular house waste material.
- Once it is close to full, I close this properly and put it inside a second waste plastic bag, and close that properly as well.
- I do not touch this bag anymore for 24 hours. After that time, I throw them with other waste products, and do not mix with recyclable materials.
- I use this method, till my respiratory problem is over.
For my everyday life
- If I am alone, I ask my friends, neigubours and family to buy me my vegetables and medicines if I cannot get them delivered in my house. I do my best to avoid contact with them.
- If someone helps me in my daily life, that person will have to wash his/her hands very frequently.
That's it. Telephone number to dial if we have more questions about Coronavirus - 0800 130 000.
If you have not read our article on important websites and telephone numbers, feel free to click this link. The general homepage for Coronavirus related articles can be found here.